Posted 21 July 2015
The Manor House CafÃ© is a friendly High Street establishment where locals and visitors alike enjoy to meet. After our successful Apprentice last year, we now feel able to offer again an apprenticeship to someone who could benefit from our knowledge and team. Working alongside our Chef and staff the right candidate will complete NVQ Level 2, a 1 year Course with day release to Petroc College. The successful student will also need to complete the functional skills level 1 in both Maths and English at Petroc who will also help you obtain your Food Hygiene qualification.
This role offers the right candidate the chance to train in the kitchen and cafÃ© environment. While in the kitchen you will be assisting our Chef in the preparation, cooking, delivery and clearing of food including maintaining a clean working environment and ensure all systems are followed.
- Preparation of foods for meals, snacks and takeaways
- Serving and clearing in the Cafe
- General kitchen duties to include, cleaning, and washing up
- To be concerned about High standards of food and service
- To be aware of stock rotation
- All aspects of Food Preparation and Hygiene
- Adopt safe working practices
- To work as part of a team in the Kitchen and with all other staff
- For further information about our business why not visit www.themanorhousecafe.co.uk
Please apply in writing to Mr M. Cockram, The Manor House CafÃ©, 70 High Street, Ilfracombe EX349QE.
To apply, please complete in handwriting:
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- Parentâ€™s Names
- Subjects studying at school and any exam results.
- A little about yourself and family and what you like to do in your spare time.
- Why you would like to be considered for this apprenticeship?
- What would you like to be doing in 10 years time?
Please return to Jill Cockram, The Manor House CafÃ©, 70 High Street Ilfracombe EX349QE