The North Devon Journal Business Awards 2015 are now open for entry.
The 10 categories are:
- Digital Business of the year â€“ the North-Devon based organisation trading online demonstrating most effective business use of the internet. Nominations welcomed from business and their customers.
- Young entrepreneur of the year (sponsor North Devon Council) â€“ an individual under 30 who demonstrates strong entrepreneurial achievements. Nominations invited from individuals themselves or the company they work for.
- Apprentice of the year (sponsor Petroc) â€“ the apprentice, from any background, working in any sector and for any size of business, who has demonstrated the most progress. Nominations sought from the employers of apprentices.
- Business champion â€“ the person who inspires others with their business acumen and strives to be a real ambassador for North Devon. Nominate the individual who you believe is a shining example of business enterprise in North Devon.
- Best business in the community â€“ the business demonstrating a genuine desire to support the community in which it operates. Nominations welcome from businesses or community groups.
- Excellence in customer service â€“ Who goes beyond the call of duty to deliver the best customer service in North Devon? Judges are looking for independent evidence to support applications. Nominations invited from customers or businesses themselves.
- Best new business â€“ Which new business has set the world â€“ or at least North Devon â€“ alight in its first three years? Judges want to recognise the business that has overcome all obstacles to create a viable concern that is here to stay. Nominations invited from businesses of any size.
- Best retail business â€“ Retail brings vital spending to North Devon. Which business, operating online or in a premises, achieves the biggest impact in this sector and what innovation has it used to maintain or grow its business? Nominations welcomed from the businesses themselves.
- Micro and medium-sized business of the year (sponsor Davisons) â€“ Two awards: businesses with up to 9 employees and businesses with 10 to 249 employees. Judges will take an all-round view of businesses.
- Business of the Year â€“ Judges will take an all-round view of entrants, whatever their size, looking at employment practices, approach to growth, support for staff training and development, products and services, innovation and customer service.
Visit northdevonjournal.co.uk/businessawards2015 for full details of categories and how and to enter. The deadline for entries is 18 May 2015.
Please confine your written submission to four sides of A4 or less. (However in support of your entry, you may submit other printed material such as reports, in support of your submission.)
Email email@example.com with your entries or post them to: North Devon Journal Business Awards, Avery House, Liberty Road, Roundswell Business Park, Roundswell, Barnstaple, Devon, EX313TL.