business conference & exhibition
NEW DATE:10am to 4.30pm – Friday 20 April 2018 | Landmark Theatre, Ilfracombe, North Devon, EX34 9BZ
in association with
Join the buzz for better business
What’s the secret to getting past the obstacles that are holding your business back? How can you create a team of employees who come to work happy and enthusiastic every day? How can you start a successful business on your own? What would it feel like to eliminate stress from your business or workplace? How can I connect with businesses all across Devon? Where can I meet forward-thinking business people who I can work with as clients or suppliers?
OPEN FOR BUSINESS 2018 aims to answer all these questions on Friday 20 April at the Landmark Theatre, Ilfracombe, North Devon.
We have a business exhibition from 10am to 3.00pm including a range of suppliers from many sectors plus advisers on apprenticeships, skills and learning plus a speaker and events programme focused on improving your business.
- Start the day with an introduction to mindfulness from Creative Mind Matters to reduce stress in your business and help you feel and perform better.
- A Google digital expert from Google Digital Garage is coming to teach you what is needed to gain a competitive advantage in the ever changing digital landscape, so come prepared to learn and ask questions too.
- Hear how Devon Chamber of Commerce is working to build a cohesive business community so that the county’s business can exploit their full potential to boost Devon’s economy.
- Join the Next Stage Network (SW) to explore how self-management can remove roadblocks in any organisation, from manufacturers to health providers, to encourage innovation and develop businesses that are great to work in, productive and profitable.
- Enjoy Tony Robinson OBE‘s one-man ‘Let’s get enterprising: The Micro Myths & Magic Show‘ to pick up 20 years’ of entrepreneurial tips to help your business.
- PLUS connect with everyone over a free lunchtime networking buffet.
Sign up to visit
Entry to OPEN FOR BUSINESS for visitors is free – please register your place(s) now.
Visitors >>> REGISTER HERE
Speakers & events
We are delighted to welcome:
Tony Robinson OBE – who will travelling all the way from Scarborough to present his ‘Let’s Get Enterprising: The Micro Myths and Magic Show’.
Peter Heaton-Jones MP – Peter has supported the event for the past three years and we are grateful for his support for businesses in the area.
Google Digital Garage from Google – a digital skills training platform to assist you in growing your business, career and confidence, online.
See more >> SPEAKERS & EVENTS
Lunchtime networking buffet
We invite you to our lunchtime networking buffet – sponsored by Marsdens Devon Cottages.
We are grateful for Marsdens for providing this opportunity for visitors, exhibitors, speakers and guests to enjoy networking over a lunchtime buffet.
Event sponsored by
Last few exhibitor spaces available
Members of COMBEbusiness >>> BOOK HERE
(plus members of Devon Chamber, Barnstaple Chamber, Bideford Chamber, Combe Martin/Ilfracombe/Woolacombe Tourism Associations, North Devon Manufacturers Association, North Devon/Torridge FSB).
All other businesses >>> BOOK HERE
COMBEbusiness Awards 2018
We are running the COMBEbusiness Awards for 2018 with the winners being announced at OPEN FOR BUSINESS – see the finalists.
Opening eyes to business
OPEN FOR BUSINESS introduces you to the business vibrancy and enterprise opportunities of the Combe Martin, Ilfracombe and Woolacombe area of North Devon.
- Recognises and promotes existing businesses – from small to large, manufacturing to tourism
- Highlights opportunities to increase trade within the three ‘combes’ themselves, across North Devon, regionally and nationally
- Details current investment, promotes existing planning permission and discusses opportunities for new development at every level
Enterprise and lifestyle
Combe Martin, Ilfracombe and Woolacombe offer a dream lifestyle location combining:
- Hundreds of independent shops, restaurants, pubs and hotels
- Business parks
- Global manufacturing plants
- Location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Proximity to Exmoor National Park
- Award-winning sandy beaches and craggy cliffs
- Working harbour and secluded coves and bays