business conference & exhibition
Our fifth annual event took place on Friday 20 April 2018 | Landmark Theatre, Ilfracombe, North Devon, EX34 9BZ
in association with
Join the buzz for better business
What’s the secret to getting past the obstacles that are holding your business back? How can you create a team of employees who come to work happy and enthusiastic every day? How can you start a successful business on your own? What would it feel like to eliminate stress from your business or workplace? How can I connect with businesses all across Devon? Where can I meet forward-thinking business people who I can work with as clients or suppliers?
OPEN FOR BUSINESS 2018 answered all these questions on Friday 20 April 2018 at the Landmark Theatre, Ilfracombe, North Devon.
The business exhibition ran from 10am to 3.00pm including a range of suppliers from many sectors plus advisers on apprenticeships, skills and learning plus a speaker and events programme focused on improving your business.
- The day started with an introduction to mindfulness from Creative Mind Matters to reduce stress in your business and help you feel and perform better.
- A Google digital expert from Google Digital Garage advised what is needed to gain a competitive advantage in the ever changing digital landscape.
- Devon Chamber of Commerce explained how it is working to build a cohesive business community so that the county’s business can exploit their full potential to boost Devon’s economy.
- Next Stage Network (SW) explored how self-management can remove roadblocks in any organisation, from manufacturers to health providers, to encourage innovation and develop businesses that are great to work in, productive and profitable.
- Tony Robinson OBE presented his one-man ‘Let’s get enterprising: The Micro Myths & Magic Show‘ with 20 years’ of entrepreneurial tips to help your business.
- PLUS everyone connected over a free lunchtime networking buffet.
Speakers & events
We are delighted to welcome:
Tony Robinson OBE – who will travelling all the way from Scarborough to present his ‘Let’s Get Enterprising: The Micro Myths and Magic Show’.
Peter Heaton-Jones MP – Peter has supported the event for the past three years and we are grateful for his support for businesses in the area.
Google Digital Garage from Google – a digital skills training platform to assist you in growing your business, career and confidence, online.
See more >> SPEAKERS & EVENTS
Lunchtime networking buffet
We invite you to our lunchtime networking buffet – sponsored by Marsdens Devon Cottages.
We are grateful for Marsdens for providing this opportunity for visitors, exhibitors, speakers and guests to enjoy networking over a lunchtime buffet.
Event sponsored by
Last few exhibitor spaces available
Members of COMBEbusiness >>> BOOK HERE
(plus members of Devon Chamber, Barnstaple Chamber, Bideford Chamber, Combe Martin/Ilfracombe/Woolacombe Tourism Associations, North Devon Manufacturers Association, North Devon/Torridge FSB).
All other businesses >>> BOOK HERE
Opening eyes to business
OPEN FOR BUSINESS introduces you to the business vibrancy and enterprise opportunities of the Combe Martin, Ilfracombe and Woolacombe area of North Devon.
- Recognises and promotes existing businesses – from small to large, manufacturing to tourism
- Highlights opportunities to increase trade within the three ‘combes’ themselves, across North Devon, regionally and nationally
- Details current investment, promotes existing planning permission and discusses opportunities for new development at every level
Enterprise and lifestyle
Combe Martin, Ilfracombe and Woolacombe offer a dream lifestyle location combining:
- Hundreds of independent shops, restaurants, pubs and hotels
- Business parks
- Global manufacturing plants
- Location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Proximity to Exmoor National Park
- Award-winning sandy beaches and craggy cliffs
- Working harbour and secluded coves and bays